A. We can provide a custom design 'from scratch' based on your specific style, budget, space layout, and site considerations. (see also Ultra Custom Services) We normally use our Permit Set with Options contract format.
B. You may start from an existing set of drawings that we have pre-designed, either Schematics only or in Permit Set stage (basic 'Builder Set'). Start here to see a collection of designs, or select from nearly any project on our web site. We can further modify up to a certain point or must redraw most or the entire set.
C. We can take preliminary designs or concept plans from other sources and correct, amend, elaborate, per your specifications providing they do not violate copyright laws. We can create a new plan and also offer interior architecture services for any home, pre-owned or new. A custom contract will be forwarded based on your specifications, suggested format is via our Questionnaire (ignore payment information at bottom for this option)
In any case, we offer further options to add construction and design details (exterior and interior) and material/performance specifications, contract administration, etc. that are explained in our Contracts.
Please note that we do not offer plan books nor send copies of any of our floor plans unless we are under contract, due to copyright issues. We prefer to custom design a home for you from scratch, but realize that either time or budget issues may make working from an existing design expedient.
PROCEDURE TO START FROM EXISTING OR STOCK PLANS: We will send out a Contract proposal to anyone interested in obtaining one or more study copies of our plans that would best suit overall style and layout interests.
FOR INTERNATIONAL CLIENTS and GENERAL PROCEDURE WITH SERVICE PTIONS
1. Receipt of Client Brief outlining style, size and general layout required, site conditions, codes that would affect the project, and vision of what would be ideal.
2. Submittal of Design Contract outlining scope of Services, options to create only Schematics, or go through to Permit Set, Interiors, Specifications.
3. Phase 1: Floor plan layouts to scale, placed on property Site Plan, front Facade when plans are near perfect. Feedback from Facade and further refinement. Cross check with Interior Designer, Contractor or Realtor optional.
4. Phase 2 Option: Design Development of plan and front facade, addition of remaining three facades. Final changes and tweaks made to plans and elevations.
5. Phase 3 Option: Development of Construction Drawings: finalized Floor Plans, Roof Plan, Site Plan, Cross Section, Wall Section, Electrical Schematics.
6. Phase 4 Option: Architectural Interiors Basic: floor and ceiling designs, molding, paneling, cabinets, arches, coffers, columns, trim.
7. Phase 5 Option: Architectural Interiors Advanced: specifications and further details, lighting and plumbing selection, color schemes, decorative tile selections, cabinet door hardware, window treatments. Shop Drawing review.
8. Phase 6 Furnishings Option: Selection and procurement of all movable furniture and accessories.
9. Phase 7 Construction Observation Option: 5 - 10 job visits to assess progress of Work by Contractor, make adjustments as necessary, suggest any refinements.